From the beach to the backyard to the bathtub, kids love to play in the water! To keep them happy and safe while traversing slippery rocks and slick tiles, it's a great idea to get your kids a quality pair of water shoes for both indoor and outdoor use. Not only do water shoes protect their feet from scrapes, bumps, and cuts, they will help your kids keep their grip on slick water-covered surfaces where they could slip and fall. The poolside signs say "No Running!", but we know that kids are quick and energetic, and sometimes they just can't help themselves. Getting water shoes for kids will help to ensure their safety in all sorts of water-based activities.
Finding the right water shoes for your kids can be pretty daunting, so we did the research for you. Below is a list of the six best water shoe designs for kids, to help you find the perfect shoes for every water adventure!
What We'll Cover
Native Shoes: Jefferson Child
Water-friendly, fast drying, lightweight foam
Durable rubber rand & toe cap
A light, durable water shoe, Native Shoes' Jefferson Child is one of the top-rated styles in this category. It is available in a dazzling array of hand-washable colors and surface finishes, while providing lightweight, shock-absorbent support for little feet. The Jefferson Child is composed of quick-drying, odor-resistant foam, with durable rubber soles, rands, and toe caps to protect small feet in more rugged settings. The lightweight and easy slip-on design make the Jefferson child an excellent option for low- to moderate impact activities. It is easy to clean, so you don't have to worry about waterlogged, smelly shoes after a long day at the lake or poolside. The Jefferson Child is sold on Amazon, with prices ranging between $29.99 and $45.99, depending on the color and exterior design.
- Broad assortment of colors and finishes
- Lightweight, Quick-dry foam
- Odor-resistant and easy to clean
- Easy to slip on and off
- Long-lasting protective rubber sole
- Tends to run small and narrow
- Bumps on the sole can be felt through the insole
- Low heel can be problematic for some kids, causing the foot to slip out
Teva Kids Hurricane XLT 2
Nylon shank stabilizes and supports your foot on uneven terrain
injection-molded strap ends for quick and easy grip and adjustability
Easy hook-and-loop closure comes on and off quickly and gets th...
Classic Teva sandals with a twist, the Hurricane XLT 2 is a redesign of Teva's best-selling Hurricane XLT, with added soft padding on the strap and a rubber sole with enhanced traction. With a more open sandal design than other water shoes on our list, the Hurricane XLT 2 is built with strong, sustainable materials for more strenuous outdoor activity. The Hurricane XLT 2 is manufactured primarily from REPREVE recycled polyester by Unifi. The eco-friendly material is highly durable and dries quickly. This design is geared toward all-day active use, with ankle pads and EVA foam cushioned soles, and is available at a reasonable $35.00.
- 3-Way hook-and-loop closure for easy adjustment and ideal fit
- Enhanced ankle pad for added comfort
- Rubber sole with enhanced traction design
- Eco-friendly Unifi REPREVE webbing
- Dries quickly
- Rubber sole and EVA foam footbed for extended active wear
- Buckles can be uncomfortable
- Limited color options compared to some competitor products
- Open sandal design offers less protection for toes
Nautica Kids Kettle Gulf Protective Water Shoe
Athletic Sandal With Open Panels And Protective Bump Toe Guard
Soft material keeps feet comfy and water-ready
Lightweight mesh material is perfect for summer
Designed with flexible soft-soled,slip ...
For a sturdy, breathable shoe ideal for outdoor activities, consider Nautica's Kids Kettle Gulf Protective Water Shoe. Nautica's commitment to balance is reflected in this athletic closed-toe mesh-covered sandal specially designed for high levels of activity both in and out of the water. The flexible rubber sole and toe guard are designed to protect your child's feet from unexpected bumps and obstacles, while the soft mesh enclosure allows for comfortable, breathable footwear that won't become waterlogged like more traditional athletic sandal designs. The easy-to-adjust Velcro strap makes the Kettle Gulf an ideal option for your younger children and toddlers who are squirmy and prone to losing shoes. You can find the Kettle Gulf water shoe on Amazon at prices ranging from $13.03 to $39.97, depending on the size.
- Available in a variety of colors
- Soft mesh material is comfortable and breathable
- Lightweight and sturdy design for both wet and dry activities
- Flexible soft rubber sole is slip-resistant and durable
- Easily adjusted for optimal fit
- Protective rubber toe guard
- Fabric material on the sole can be slippery on smooth surfaces when dry
- Sizes may run large
Crocs Kids' Crocband Clog
COMFORT WITH A SMILE: A sporty racing stripe adds a pop of color to the traditional Crocs clogs The Crocband Crocs for kids are perfect for running around on the playground or cruising around town
Crocs have a reputation for lightweight comfort, and the Kids' Crocband Clog is no exception. With a smooth, lightweight finish and the iconic ventilation holes for breathability, this design has all the features that Crocs fans have come to love. To make the clogs safer and easier for kids, Crocs added a mobile pivoting strap to hold little heels in place. Constructed from lightweight and durable Croslite foam, these water shoes are built for comfort and are ideal for use in low to moderate impact activities. The Crocband Clog incorporates contoured insoles and gripping outer soles for optimal safety and comfort. They are available at an affordable price of $29.99, though added features and customization can drive the price up.
- Wide variety of colors with a fun racing stripe design
- and can be personalized with Jibbitz charms
- Lightweight and durable Croslite foam body for active comfort
- Pivoting heel straps for a secure fit and easy on and off
- Breathable design that sheds water and is easy to clean
- Contoured footbeds and durable soles for comfort and safety in a variety of activities
- Extra wide footbeds can cause fitting problems for kids with small or narrow feet
- Thick soles can be hard for kids to adjust to
Merrell Kid's Hydro Sandal
lightweight imeva for weightless comfort and quick dry
closure to provide a precise and secure fit with easy on/off
soft eva molded footbed for all day cushioning and comfort
0mm heel to toe drop f...
If you are looking for an especially sturdy water shoe for kids in outdoor settings, the Merrell Kid's Hydro Sandal is the perfect choice. Composed of recycled rubber, leather, and lightweight IMEVA, the Hydro Sandal provides secure, water-safe support for even the most rugged outdoor conditions. The unique IMEVA molded footbed sheds water, for quick drying in every environment, and the recycled rubber outsole is fashioned with Merrell's patented M-Select gripping technology, for optimal traction on both wet and dry surfaces. Available in Big Kid and Little Kid sizes, the Hydro Sandal is designed with an adjustable Velcro closure for quick on and off and ideal fit. At $39.99, the Hydro Sandal is an excellent multi-use outdoor sandal.
- Highly durable leather and textile construction
- lightweight IMEVA technology for versatility in both wet and dry environments
- Patented M Select grip sole design for high traction
- Supportive EVA molded insoles
- Easy on and off velcro closure for reliable fit
- Extra sturdy materials can cause blisters
- Heavier than some other designs
- Stiffer sole than other products
Get the Best Deals on Water Shoes for Kids
Although the price point on kids' water shoes can be high to start, you can cut the price by taking advantage of deals and discounts available through numerous online retailers, cashback apps, and discount sites. Zappos gift cards can be purchased at Raise at a 15% discount, or you can load an Amazon gift card with $100 and get $10 back on your purchase at Amazon. Order your shoes from Amazon using your Prime membership to take advantage of free shipping and discounted rates available to Prime members. Lastly, check out Rakuten and other cashback apps that offer cashback rewards when you purchase from a select list of retailers.
Whether for playing in the local pool or clambering over slippery rocks by the sea, water shoes are important for your kids' aquatic and semi-aquatic activities. Don't let the initial cost dissuade you from choosing the highest quality water shoes for your kids. Take advantage of discount sites, coupons, and promotions to find the best deals on the highest quality options on the market, and keep your kids safe and happy in and out of the water.
The responses below are not provided, commissioned, reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any financial entity or advertiser. It is not the advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.